Monday 11 May 2009

MP Expenses Scandal Repeated At Instanta



With the papers full of scandals regarding Gordon Brown's cleaner (which didn't seem to be a scandal to me at all) I was pleased to think that Instanta was above all that snouts in the trough stuff but I've just seen Nick's expenses for last week.He had a packet of those crisps from the mini bar. There was me moaning on the blog about the £2 crisp price tag and all the while Nick was chomping away on a packet.Scandalous.



We just got a report from CEDA on our standing in a recent survey carried out amongst CEDA members. I felt somewhat damned by faint praise as the categories were 1 Very Poor 2 Poor 3 Acceptable 4 Excellent and we scored an average of 3.2 which is , I suppose, acceptellent. As the average score amongst those surveyed was only acceptable we should be happy with the results but I think we are excellent and anything less must be addressed. The scores that pulled us down were our attitude to "Box shifters" and our provision of "sales leads". We don't get a lot of sales leads so I can live with that but I don't know how we classify "Box Shifters" as some of the biggest dealers in the country could be so classified. I was pleased that 66% of the responses to the quality of products classed us as excellent.



So with just a few games to go, Liverpool's title hopes now rest with Wigan Athletic. Marvellous. That's the Wigan Athletic managed by Steve Bruce. That's the Steve Bruce who used to be captain of er Manchester United. Doh!



As the bloke on the kop said in October. What's a bigfa ted?

Which reminds me that the blog was a year old on Saturday. Yes a full year has passed since my very first musings in which I introduced Sue Ebo. Since then Sue's maternity cover has ended but the blog goes on and we are now into post 257. Readership has grown slowly but surely and many more than the few who read the first blogs (mostly me clicking on every computer in the offices) are now reading regularly. We've seen Instanta move into the credit crunch, the spate of administrations encountered last year, five new Instanta babies, Barclays' terrible interest rate collar, Osama Bin Laden's miraculous appearance in my kitchen and my abject failure to make my fortune on Betfair. But despite the recession we are still here. Sadly there are far fewer cars in the car parks on our local industrial estate here but maybe that's because everyone's being green and cycling to work.

To celebrate the blog's birthday, I'll indulge myself with my all time favourite spirit lifting YouTube video. If it had been compulsory for everyone to watch this every day we might not have had a recession.



.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on keeping going. Wasn't there from the very start but seem to be a regular now. Yes I am the one!

    Jim Westbrook
    Coffee Plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim and most welcome you are too.

    ReplyDelete