Wednesday 11 November 2009

Don't Put Mustard In The Custard



When the kids were small they absolutely loved this fabulous picture book written by Michael Rosen and illustrated by Quentin Blake. It had the perfect absurd words to encourage the children to read and to make them laugh. So along with mustard in the custard, there were ants in your pants and confetti in the spaghetti. Max Vidal here came up with an even better one recently when he decided to experiment with a bit of home cuisine - Don't put chilli on your willy - Max learned this the hard way as, when he finished preparing his exotic dish using the very finest Scotch bonnet chillis, nature called and he needed to pee. Unbeknown to Max, some of the chilli's properties were still on his fingers and, as he emptied his bladder he did the exact opposite of relieving himself and was soon leaping around the house doing an impression of a Cherokee war dance.Fortunately the solution was close at hand in the shape of a long soak in an ice cold bath with a very red................face.



It's my dear son Paul's wedding in a few months and I was contacted by one of his friends yesterday asking if I wanted to come on the stag party that he was organising. I replied to the effect that I would come as long as there was no dressing up and no strippers. I also suggested that some of his friends who are girls could come along. I'm looking forward to it. I know that if the old Crystal Maze was still open in Blackpool we'd have been sorted.



I've been working at home again today and writing the new brochure. It's great. I get to admire all Marion's hard work in the garden and manage to get a lot more work done than I do at er work.There are twenty four pages in the new brochure and I've finished about eighteen so we are well on track to meet our deadlines.There's at least six new models plus loads of upgrades so it's been quite good writing about something new.Blimey there's the spectre of a bloke wearing glasses with a camera in our garden. Spooky or what?



Oh well. All good things come to an end. Marion just phoned to say that she has finished the October figures (that will wipe the smile off my face). So I better get back to work and do the accounts. With no Orange Wednesday tonight we're off to our favourite Warehouse Brasserie for the early bird menu. Which means we'll be back in time to watch that car crash TV. No I don't mean "An Audience With Donny And Marie" it's "Collision" on ITV at nine every night this week.Quite good so far even though the service station cafe unrealistically had two Parry boilers when everyone knows that all good service station cafes have Instanta.

I'll leave you with a serious message for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment