Wednesday 25 November 2009

A Memory Like A Sieve




On yesterday's blog I was going on about our regular Wednesday trip to the pictures but someone reminded me that tonight is our bowling night so we won't be going. I really must buy myself one of those personal organiser things or a diary perhaps. At the moment I have to rely on Marion and she's not always here.I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on.Oh well, maybe we'll get to the pictures next week. I've no idea if I'll be able to play at the bowling as, being in need of a hip replacement, I'm not exactly supple at the moment.



Craig Mercer tells me he's determined to add Ten Pin Bowling to his Victor Ludorum title. I mentioned it to him and he said "Yes I want to be that Victor bloke. But who is he?". He wants to be the top scorer in the individual and team games and asked if I will erect a statue of him in the car park if he wins.



My novel has been posted on Harper Collins' authonomy website for a month or so now. It has risen to number 350 in the rankings but seems to be sticking around there now. I'm not prepared to get involved in the frantic emailing of other members for support in order to try and get it to rise higher so it will probably start sinking soon. I've enjoyed the experience but it is time now for it to be either sent to prospective publishers or put to one side.



Here's something we Liverpool fans won't be looking forward to in May. There's nobody to blame but the team itself. We just weren't good enough and could quite easily have slipped up last night. Oh well, I'll have to check the small print in my season ticket. No doubt I will have signed up to watch us play half a dozen matches in the Europa league.

I'll finish today with Toshiba's attempt to get into the viral video marketing scene. They've got a long way to go before they get close to the experts Samsung. But it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment