Monday 9 November 2009

X Factor. What's All The Fuss About?







Within minutes of the X Factor finishing last night my email in box was awash with emails imploring me to join the Facebook group "Get The Twins Off X Factor" and a couple more to boot. Why? Because Simon Cowell decided to let the decision go to the public vote. And what did the public vote? To kick Lucie off. So the Internet goes into meltdown because the public got what it voted for. Duh! OK so the twins can't sing and basically they're rubbish. And Lucie could sing but that's about it. Did she have the X Factor (whatever that is)? No. Marion told me while we were watching that Simon would let the public decide as , after all, it's his show (Syco Productions)and what's better publicity for his show, a bland singer or a controversial pair of non singers? And he has got what he wanted with the X Factor back as the top search phrase on the Internet today. Sadly I didn't listen to Marion and didn't have a bet this week. At one stage on Betfair the twins odds were 1.03 to 1 to go. That means that a bet of £3 against them (a lay) would have returned £100. I know who to listen to next week. Meanwhile a win for my favourite Joe will bring me £165 whilst a win for Marion's favourite Ollie will win £175. No doubt, knowing my luck, it will end up Danyl (£10) or Stacy (£5).



I've been working at home today writing the new brochure. With all those new products planned for February there's quite a lot to think about and I only managed to write a couple of pages. But I did enjoy the home environment and without the distractions of the office I think I got more done than I would have done at work.




Off to Anfield tonight for the match against Birmingham City. I'm hoping that tonight will be a turning point of the season for Liverpool as, after all the expectations of last season, this one has been something of a damp squib so far. Our new signing Aquilani is expected to make an appearance and I hope he's as good as he's supposed to be.

Instead of X Factor, next week we'll have to watch this. Max Vidal tells me it's great.



No comments:

Post a Comment