Friday 6 November 2009

We Were On Telly Last Night






Well not quite "we" as in me and Marion or Nick, Peter or anyone else who works here it's just that on last night's episode of "The Restaurant" there was a quite lengthy interview with one of the contestants right in front of one of our CT2000 boilers. I imagine the producer saying "We've got to get that beautiful boiler in shot so what excuse can we make? I know we'll interview that dull contestant in front of it to liven her up." It must have helped as she didn't get kicked off. Hope she's grateful. Maybe we'll see one every week a bit like Harry Hill's "Where has the knitted character been this week?" we'll have "Where has the Instanta boiler been this week?"



Speaking of Harry Hill, I'm afraid that Harry went down in my estimation by some considerable way the other week when he had a go at Nigel Slater. Why? Because Nigel's mannerisms were a bit camp.Come on Harry let's not get dragged back into the homophobic dark ages. I'll forgive him this once as he's made me laugh so many times in the past but any more of this sort of thing and that's the end of me praising the show on the blog. (Bet that will make Harry think twice!)





Here are two new additions to our store man Tony Lowe's family. They are twin granddaughters Edetha Jane (top) and Lily Rose. Edetha Jane weighed just 3.5lbs and her sister was 5.5lbs when they arrived in the world on 9th October. Tony tells me that mum Sara and the twins are doing well after a short time in hospital while they put some weight on.Their dad Steven is Tony's eldest son and he is delighted with these lovely additions to the family. Congratulations Tony.



Our lovely 2008/9 brochure is almost at its end now and I'm busy getting the new one ready in time for launch in late January. It has been a great brochure and will be hard to better but we are having a good try. I'm going to devote most of next week to preparing the writing to accompany the wonderful Workhouse Marketing's super layout.

I realise that I forgot to mention Nick Griffin's appearance on Question Time the other week. In case you didn't see it here are his highlights.







No comments:

Post a Comment