Sunday 18 May 2008

Having a good workend


I didn't come up with the title, I lifted it from an edition of The Guardian a couple of weeks ago. At the time I thought how appropriate it was, as, in any family with two full time workers, when are you going to get the housework done other than at weekend? So yesterday was spent cleaning (Marion upstairs and me downstairs) and today there is a big pile of ironing although I quite enjoy that as it can be done whilst watching TV. Did manage to nip to the barbers whilst the Cup Final was on but unfortunately the screen was out of my line of vision so had to rely on the reactions of the waiting queue reflected in the mirror to have an idea of what was going on.

Found a musket ball and a load of lead scrap with my detector on Friday. Wonder if there is a market for lead scrap. Hmm think I know someone who might know. Speaking of which, the court case is tomorrow morning. Whilst the perpetrator is all contrite in the dock I wonder if we can slip the magistrate the solicitor's letter received on friday demanding reimbursement of holiday pay due. That shows true remorse. You couldn't make it up could you?

No comments:

Post a Comment