Tuesday 27 May 2008

A Race Against The Clock


With over 300 boilers wanted by an important customer this week, we are racing against the clock to make sure that we get them there on time. We have made the boilers but need just one component to finish the job. UPS predict that the parcel will be here at 12 so it will be all hands to the pumps from then onwards.







On a personal front I am back selling on eBay after a six month absence while our loft was converted. I now have my home office back and I put the first four items for sale, including this fabulous and rare Japanese Imari tea caddy, yesterday and have another 47 bits in the cupboard and have to start photographing them soon.






Terry Wogan stole my thunder a bit re Eurovision. I had a long rant ready for the blog but Sir Terry basically said it all so I won't repeat it. My favourite (pictured) was Latvia's Wolves of the Sea by Pirates of the Sea (or was it the other way round). This song absolutely captured the spirit of Eurovision past but there were few other highlights with everything sounding pretty much the same and the Ukranian and Swedish singers even managing to wear the same dress (I have to say that it looked a lot better on the Ukranian). I managed to lay my bet on binman Andy and at one stage stood to win £38,000 if Germany won but fortunately I managed to lay that bet too (tip don't bet on songs you have never heard) and I ended up with a princely profit of £17.48 on Russia. Great fun. It's all systems go betting on the new Chelsea Manager now. I will be ok as long as Frank Rijkaard doesn't get the job and will make a fortune if Spalletti gets it only I haven't a clue who he is.(tip don't bet on managers you have never heard of).

On a similar vein to Eurovision. Here is a song that would have won hands down. For sheer joy just watch this. If you don't have a smile on your face at the end you are one miserable beep and are not allowed to buy a boiler from Instanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment