Thursday 15 October 2009


When we went to the pictures last night to see Disney/Pixar's latest animated offering UP, we were not expecting to leave the cinema emotionally drained. You normally associate Disney with fun and laughter but this is such a tender portrayal of companionship that it would melt the iciest heart and I left the cinema with a tear soaked collar having struggled (and failed) to control the sobs for much of the earlier part of the film. It is a beautiful example of cinema at its very best and I would not be surprised to see it nominated in the best movie category in the next Oscars. I urge you to go and see it.It isn't all sad and there is plenty of fun for the children but, if you are over forty,do take plenty of tissues with you.



We got a bit carried away with the orange tap handles on the boilers on yesterday's blog and, with the help of our friend Peter Raymond (Peter is once again doing the photography for our next brochure), we've now come up with some more ideas.Do you like them? I think they'll go down a storm.



After all my gushing (in more ways than one) I can't finish on anything else today.




2 comments:

  1. I had a request to review that same software on my blog. I did some internet research and found a post that said many people had that same request and it installed a virus on their system along with the program. Here's the post I found: http://www.ordinaryandawesome.com/2009/10/product-reviewers-con-artists-new.html. You may need to run a scan. I'm hoping your request wasn't the same as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing this out.

    I immediately thought of a virus when I got the email and researched as much as possible. I downloaded the program and it worked well. My anti virus software has not picked up a virus but I won't take any risks and have deleted that part of the blog.

    Thanks again.

    John

    ReplyDelete