Thursday 8 October 2009

Eating Humble Pie



No sooner had I written yesterday's blog in which I berated the people who keep letting our sales team down than a smart young salesman presented himself at our reception. "I've got an appointment with x" he said. "Oh." we said "X is ill". Oh dear I had better find a big hole to hide in. Mind you I did talk to him for a while and see if I could help and he said he had not come out of his way and could easily come back next week from his base .................... in John o Groats.



Our buyer and assistant director Gavin brought his son Nick in to see us after school. Nick had decided to cut his fringe all by himself. We think it's very fetching Nick and it might well catch on. Vidal Sassoon watch out.



Instead of Orange Wednesday last night we stayed at home and watched "When Boris Met Dave" on More 4. As our son Paul went to the same college as Boris I was hoping to see some shots that brought back memories but the budget didn't run to using the real locations. It was an interesting drama doc and the best bits were the talking heads, particularly James Delingpole who affected to be a toff and wandered around Oxford carrying a teddy bear like Sebastian in Brideshead. It's a bit scary to see that the Mayor of London and the man who might be the next prime minister were members of a society that used to pretend to ride along Oxford's streets on imaginary horses......... whilst dressed in tailcoats.



Our fabulous brochure is into its last few months now as the wonderful Workhouse Marketing send me a mock up of the proposed new one. First impressions are good so we should be able to get cracking with it soon.


I'll finish today with a BBC reporter who should get a medal for bravery.






No comments:

Post a Comment