Wednesday 7 October 2009

I'm really sorry but I can't make the appointment.





It's only ten or so words isn't it? But just think how much trouble and money you could save Instanta if you picked up the phone and said them.We know and understand that accidents happen,cars get stuck in jams and people get ill but our sales team has had so many instances of turning up to be met with "sorry he's out" lately that I am beginning to wonder if simple courtesy has disappeared. Our sales force cover large swathes of the country and often have to stay overnight in order to keep to the schedule that they have booked.I'm not accusing all our customers, as plenty do have the courtesy to tell us, but please don't think "I'm only seeing a rep". Your cancellation has cost us dearly and you have also missed the opportunity to find out about how Instanta can earn you money.



We've scanned the Vue cinema listings for today but have either seeen or have no wish to see everything that's on offer. So, to keep with the Orange Wednesday theme, we're going to treat ourselves to some beans on toast and eat it in front of the telly and watch a good film on Sky (if there is one that we've not seen).



We'll go to the gym first as we've missed it a lot lately. Since I was diagnosed with the need for a hip relacement I've had to limit the activities but I need to keep active and if I set the seat on the gym bike at the right level I can manage to get some exercise. If I set it at the wrong level I can go through absolute hell.



A big thank you and well done to Northern Sales Manager Peter Brindle who has just landed an order for 60 DB2000 boilers. That's a great order by anyone's standards and it's all down to Peter's tenacity and devotion to a lead. (Better not big him up too much or he'll be asking for a bonus.)


Someone gave me a link to this video. You know what it's like, your team is trailing with seconds to go and the goalkeeper comes up to join in the attack. But for once the keeper shows that he is more than just an extra body in the penalty area. What a pity it didn't quite go in.



No comments:

Post a Comment