Thursday 1 October 2009

Some Photos For The Kids



There you are Sarah.I always do as I'm told. X





And Paul. It's really good isn't it now that I've downloaded the software from the website?



Back at Instanta another month begins and I've just done the CEDABOND figures.In case you don't know, CEDABOND is a group of catering equipment dealers who get together to buy as a consortium. Although our sales to the group are a little down on last year for the first nine months of 2009 it was pleasing to see September around 30% up on last September.Thanks members.



Orange Wednesday last night was Creation. If you could sum a film up in one word, the word for this film is "melancholy". I think the poster is a bit of a cheat though. They've chosen exotic beach shots that make you think of Darwen's trips to the Galapagos but the film is almost exclusively set in a wet England. Mind you I suppose a colourful beach will put more bums on seats than a dark study. Marion thought it was good. I thought it was ....er.... well.... melancholy.



I had to laugh this morning when I asked Factory Leader Tony Mercer if we had hit our September production target. As Tony so often tells us, we don't hit September because that's when he has his holidays, but we did this year (sort of). We've just modified the fill elbow on the 1500LCD. This meant a different polystyrene insulation section was needed for the lid. We had some pieces the correct size but they were too thick so it looked like we would miss the target. But Steve Eyres, ever the innovator, solved the problem by driving over the over-thick poly in the fork lift truck. Don't laugh (even though I did). It worked! They don't call us "the innovators" for nothing.



With all the news of Mao's 60th anniversary on TV last night I noticed something unusual. When I was a kid everyone pronounced his name "Mowtsy Tung" but last night Sophie Rayworth on the BBC ten o'clock news kept calling him "Mousy Dung". Which is it "Mowtsy Tung" or "Mousy Dung"? There's only one way to find out!



Praise the Lord. Harry is back a week on Saturday.Which reminds me that the real X Factor is also back at the weekend after this year's lousy new format auditions stage. Marion and I both agree that our early choice Joe is in with a great chance and I'll be very surprised if he doesn't come through Boot Camp.



1 comment: