Wednesday 21 October 2009

Treading Water


I really feel like I am treading water at the moment. Not in a bad way. It's just that we've got so much going on in preparation for next year but we are waiting for others until we can get really cracking.



Firstly there's the new literature. We're in the more than capable hands of our creative designers Workhouse marketing of Ribchester who are well under way with the design for the 2010/2011 brochure. We've agreed on the pagination and the colour scheme but we have to wait now for the bits that we have to fill in.



Then there's the new products for next year. We've got plans to introduce a fair few new models and everything is running smoothly but we're waiting for the tooling to be made and the software to be written so again there's not a great deal that we can do.Although when everything starts to come together we'll be buzzing around like the proverbial blue arsed flies.



And then there's the office. Things didn't quite work out with our last office member so we are understaffed in here at the moment which means Marion is not getting the time off that she was getting and is here for an eight hour day every day. And that means we're spending all our weekends on housework. But due to Craig being on a three month trial as a salesman we are hanging back on changing the office around and getting someone else in case he decides to come back and rejoin us.Fortunately he has only one more month's trial and we can decide how to man the office when he makes his decision.

So that's why I feel like I'm treading water.



There's a lot of water in my novel. I had a day's holiday yesterday and spent most of the time (apart from the wasted trip to Anfield) checking the edits that were done for me by a professional editor. It was a hard slog but I think that the book is now as finished as it will ever be. All I have to do now is try and find a publisher. That's really not going to be an easy task but I will persevere. I have put the book back on Harper Collins website. You can read a sample of it by clicking
here.If you have any comments I would love to hear them.

Orange Wednesday this week is Ricky Gervais's The Invention Of Lying. The reviews have been mixed but generally positive.I know that Ricky Gervais is not as popular as he was but he is a very clever writer and we really loved both The Office and Extras. The premise of the film should make for some good jokes.

Here's a clip that's no joke.Now what is it you are supposed to do at a red light?




No comments:

Post a Comment