Monday 19 October 2009

Happy 50th Birthday Dave



Yes, today our office cleaner, odd job man and eBay aficionado Dave Boutle (lydiate_boutie) is 50 and so a big happy birthday to you Dave from us all. Dave's got 99.4% positive feedback on eBay so I'll leave it to his happy customers to tell you all about him. "Excellent, thank you - great chap to deal with ((**_**))","Super man to deal with, fender looks great in situ...many thanks""Absolutely splendid, excellent ebayer, very nice, immediate payment.""top ebayer A1 ++ +". And here's some feedback from Instanta "You missed a bit of dust under my keyboard but otherwise AAAA++++" "Those toilets smell sweet.AA*****" Wow. What a guy.



We went to see Tom Jones at the Liverpool Echo Arena on Saturday. He started off performing tracks that he has written himself for his new album . The album is called 24 Hours and I thought that a very appropriate title as each song seemed to last 24 hours and I was almost asleep.But he turned the show around with his golden oldies and had the audience singing along to "Delilah" and "What's New Pussycat". I suppose that I shouldn't grumble, as Tom's pretty good for his age. Although I always think that when old people like Tom start saying "do you know how old I am?" I think you should make a guess and then add another ten years.Yes Tom you look 79. Mustn't grumble, a good night was had by all.



Another good performance from our favourite, Joe McElderry on this week's X Factor.I still think Joe is in with a good chance of winning although the Irish twins might do a John Sergeant and get through on comedy value (which is certainly what happened this week).



We've got a chef, Anton, coming in later this morning to teach us how to demonstrate the sous vide equipment. This should be a big help as, although we know all about the equipment we aren't cooks so this will be a valuable lesson.

I'll finish with a dedication for Dave. We've had the song before but here's a LIP DUB version.

No comments:

Post a Comment