Friday 16 October 2009

Tonight's Going To Be A Good Night

I'm turning the blog on its head today and starting with a video.



Why did I do that? Do you need to ask? This LIPDUB video is the best of its type to turn up on YouTube for ages. In case you don't know, Lip Dub is that method of making a video by miming to a popular song.It has been done to death in the years since the guy in speedos and his pal in a headband did Barbie girl and Gary Brolson's Numa Numa flew to the top of the charts but this takes the idea to a new level. Firstly, for the film buff, there's the beauty of a four minute plus single take (a technical feat on its own), and what a take it is with most of the participants coming in right on cue! Then there's the sheer attractiveness of the kids in the video (in a nice not a sexy way)and finally the absolutely brilliant choice of song. So I hope that for everyone who reads the blog I have given you a nice lift for a Friday. The students of Quebec University certainly did for me.



Here's a man with a heart of ice. Yes, after my gushing on about UP on yesterday's blog, Craig took Jenny to see it last night and he didn't shed a single tear.(although I believe that Jenny made up for him). Mind you all the kids in the audience were tearless too. So what does that tell us about Craig?



I got my novel back yesterday. I arranged to have a professional critic have a look at it a month ago and she gave me some great pointers towards where it could be improved.I took up her suggestions and incorporated them into the revised version.She has now checked it over again for punctuation ( a copy edit) and sent me further suggestions for minor changes and all I need now is the time to look at them. The plan is to get ten copies printed for family and friends (there's the surprise Christmas presents gone)and then try very hard to get a publisher. I might put it back on the Harper Collins authonomy website but I don't really want any more criticism as it is possible to flog your writing to death.



We're off to see Tom Jones in Liverpool tomorrow night. He's not an artist who features on my iPod but he's been a huge success for forty years so he must be a good entertainer and I'm looking forward to the show.Unfotunately we aren't near the stage so we won't be able to throw our undies at him.

Have a good weekend and when you need a boiler don't buy anything but Instanta.


No comments:

Post a Comment