Monday 26 October 2009

Happy Birthday Mike




It's Mike Chubbs' 37th Birthday today but he's not in so I can't get a photo and have had to use the one that I used last year (hopefully I can update it tomorrow). We all wish him a really great day. Mike has been working at Instanta for 15 years and he is in charge of our engineering workshop where he runs 2 CNC lathes. Mike has had a rough time this year after he injured his shoulder whilst playing with his son Jamie.Sadly the hospital missed the dislocation and has had a very painful few months. As he enjoys golf this has prevented him from playing. We have to admire the stoical way that he has handled this injury.Being an Evertonian he's used to suffering. Have a great day Mike.



Love it or loathe it you have to hand it to the X Factor as it certainly provides plenty to talk about. Today the office has been awash with indignation over the survival of John and Edward and outrage over Jamie's song but, let's face it, the boys' dire performance was more entertaining than some of the Karaoke that we had to sit through.I managed to win £117 by betting that Rachel, Jamie and Lloyd would not be eliminated.Whilst it was clear to the world and his dog that the Irish twins were the worst act by a million miles you have to remember that this is being voted on by a British public who put John Sergeant through on Strictly every week and kept Barry from Eastenders on ice for weeks longer than he should have been.I hope that blog readers took my advice and backed Joe when he was at 13-1.He's 4.9-1 today.



Yes, all in all, yesterday was a pretty good day. I went to Anfield to watch Liverpool beat Manchester United 2-0 with yet another sublime performance from boy wonder Fernando Torres. I forecast a 2-0 win in our Guardian Pick The Scores competition and that catapulted me to the top of the league for the first time this season. The forecast was not wishful thinking. I forecast a defeat at Sunderland last week too but I thought that as long as Fernando played we could get something from the game. Mind you, standing up for a full ninety minutes did nothing for my arthritic hip (ouch).



Our prodigal son Craig (above right) returned to the office today from his brief adventure on the road. But as Lee (left) did so well standing in for him he is staying in the office and Marion has been showing him the ropes this morning. In no time he will be an office all rounder.Last week I said that I was treading water here in the office but Lee has now made things a lot easier for us.

I think Alan should be on X Factor.


No comments:

Post a Comment