Friday 4 July 2008

How to make friends and influence people


I got an email the other day from a prospective end user asking me to quote for Instanta's nearest equivalent to a competitor's wall mounted boiler. Always playing by the rules, I forwarded the email to our nearest agent and asked them to provide the customer with a quote. The propective customer emailed me again today with a copy of the quote that he had received from the agent. It was for a competitor's product! We are constantly trying to work with our dealers to generate a good working relationship and to ensure that we don't sell direct behind their backs but when this happens you sometimes wonder why we bother.

Anyway, rant over. With weekend beckoning the storm clouds are gathering over Southport and I strongly suspect that it's going to be a weekend inside. With only a week to go before we leave for Tuscany this won't be a bad thing as it will give us the chance to get the packing done.

Just got a very nice enquiry for the under counter boilers from overseas. Only problem is the freight cost which, at £596 for one unit is pretty prohibitive. I think we will have to look at sending by sea.

Which leads me into today's competition.Here is my all time favourite song, the one that will be my number one when I go on Desert Island Discs with the lovely Kirsty Young.


Maybe I will fall from Grace with God after that but if you link an Instanta range with the video and you are the first to get it on an order before 4.pm today (Friday 4th July) we will give you £20 off your order.


No comments:

Post a Comment