Tuesday 29 July 2008

No pervs today.

I got a bit of stick after yesterday's blog after including a clip of Gary Glitter's "Hello Hello I'm Back Again". Seems that people only remember him for his misdemeanours in the Far East (albeit pretty serious and nasty stuff) but I have very fond memories of sitting with Marion outside Southport Theatre one evening. We were by the Marine lake and the lake was just behind the stage. We didn't know that the Glitter Band were appearing but we heard the beat of drums getting rhythmically louder and louder and louder whilst the screams of the audience grew to a massive crescendo. And then, just as the noise level simply couldn't get any higher it was drowned by the revving of an obviously huge and powerful motor bike off stage. The bike must have flown onto the stage and Gary immediately launched into "Do you wanna be in my gang". It brought the house down and is still the most memorable pop entrance I have (n)ever seen.


Well, as the Italian fattoria starts to fade into happy memories it's back to work and starting with balancing the books. But I'm clearly still in holiday mode as,when the figures didn't balance by 0.05p, I thought "big deal" and left it. Now that might sound like the obvious and most sensible course of action to you but in the past I have spent three or more hours looking for a couple of p. Must be the ex banker in me.

In the 70's (around the same time as I was sitting listening to Gary G) I worked as a cashier for Barclays Bank. I thought I looked the bees' knees with my shoulder length centre parted hairstyle, my 3" platform shoes and off white suit with flares and could never quite understand it when my appearance came in for criticism from the pin striped bowler hat brigade that made up my colleagues (yes they did still wear bowlers in those days). During flower show week I spruced the outfit up by wearing a pink carnation in my buttonhole.


Delighted to see how Big Brother has been going whilst I was in Italy. With Betfair UK banned over there I simply left all my bets as they were and have come back to some huge swings in the odds which mean that I will win whoever wins. At the moment some of the potential winnings are on the small side but there is a lot of time to adjust that. Here's how the book looks today. Come on Dale.
Kathreya £41.27
Darnell £168.33
Rex £243.63
Luke £47.34
Michael £29.30
Rachel £704.63
Stuart£604.13
Dale£1,063.50
Maysoon £861.63
Lisa £887.63
Sara £601.63
Mohamed £243.63
And finally, whilst I was away the Instanta family continued to grow. The following is dedicated to buyer Gavin Ford (and Tony Mercer, Tony Lowe, Les Lord and Phil Joce)

No comments:

Post a Comment