Friday 11 July 2008

UPS Useless Parcel Service

I said yesterday that I would devote today's blog to bigging up UPS if they got Sarah's passport to us on time.

The fact that in the following photo I am at a Scottish motorway service station at 8 o'clock this morning having driven nearly 200 miles to meet Sarah's boyfriend, who had driven a similar distance, means that rather than devoting the blog to bigging UPS up I will be bigging them down (if you can do such a thing).

I phoned DHL and UPS to ask how they could help me get Sarah's forgotten passport to Southport for today. UPS were the best on the phone and I booked them at about 9.30. They said that they would collect the packet from St Andrews University IT department before 5pm. To cut a long story short, they didn't. Between 5 & 6 last night we phoned UPS three times to be cut off, fobbed off and then promised a call. Got a voice message at 6.30 from someone saying that the driver had attempted collection at 1.30 but nobody knew anything about it.It would not now be possible to collect today. Rubbish! The packet was at reception all day and the driver had a mobile phone number in case of problems. As I wearily pulled into the service station this morning I got a call from UPS saying that they tried to collect at 19.15. Oh yeh they went to a closed University IT department at 19.15 after saying that the driver would not be in the area again that day (on a saved voice message). Still no mobile phone call. Absolutely rubbish service UPS. What a let down.


And just to make things worse, I just got a phone call to say that UPS called in to make the collection today. The driver said that he had gone to the library yesterday (sure, everyone in the library knows where the IT dept is) and as the packet was not there when he arrived today, despite me telling UPS that I had come to Scotland at 8 o'clock, he is coming back at 4.pm. What a shambles.

More wrong competition entries. It was not Fulham or Spurs.



Oh well, in a few hours I will be off on my holidays for two weeks and this should be the view. Don't know if I will be blogging. Depends on time, the weather and the broadband speed. But please do keep coming back. The next competition question will be. Who is Kevin Spacey? Entry details to follow when the existing competition has been won.




No comments:

Post a Comment