Monday 11 August 2008

Bargain Bookcase

Following the recent alterations that we had carried out at home Marion and I have been left with quite a lot of antique furniture that doesn't fit in with the new decor. So I have put it on eBay. At the moment this Victorian bookcase that cost us £995 over ten years ago has been bid up to £102. There's still 24hours to go and a lot of interest has been shown. I will be happy if it gets to a couple of hundred pounds. Listed a lot of other stuff as well including this fabulous KMP Berlin cup and saucer c1830 which I have high hopes for.

Here at Instanta some of the lads are working overtime to keep up with the orders. Despite what you read in the papers, we are not in a recession so let's get some positive reporting going. Marion and I have done our best to boost the local economy by spending at local restaurants and the lads in the factory are unselfishly keeping the local hosteleries above water. The message has to be spend spend spend. That will keep a recesssion at bay.



It's been a bit quiet on the betting front as I am waiting for Big Brother to finish so I can cash in my winnings. Guaranteed £275 at the moment but have got £17,517 in the unlikely event of Nicole winning. Want to lay my bets on Nicole (above) but currently 280to 1 means I can only get about £60 back. If she is not nominated tomorrow we may see a price drop. Still haven't seen the programme but will be tuning in on the final night.

Still no winner of the competition but as I have virtually given it away in the last blog, there are no more clues.

Here's one of my favourite songs to blow away the Monday cobwebs.

No comments:

Post a Comment