Tuesday 12 August 2008

Too much like hard work

It's been a bit too much like hard work today. It's 3 o' clock now and I have only just got around to starting the blog. Balanced the books for July this morning and am pleased to record a profit for the month and the figures balancing to within 3p. Then went to the local auction to bid on some stuff. I bought what I think is a pretty spectacular piece of Royal Copenhagen porcelain for £10 plus commission and an extremely rare Chinese jug lotted together with some Masons Ironstone and Spode for £160. Unfortunately this foray to the auction house took two hours out of my hectic schedule and when I got back here there was a customer to phone back and the football teams for tonight's five a side to sort out. Pressure pressure pressure.




Seems that more and more customers are using our boilers for Chinese green tea. So whereas we sometimes used to get purists saying that they had to have the water at boiling point to make their tea now we have Chinese tea purists saying that the water is too hot. Fortunately our WM and CT range of boilers are easy to program by a few simple button pushes so whether you are serving Typhoo or Kung Fu you should be ok.



Liverpool's first competitive game of the season tomorrow when we play Standard Liege. Have put £675 on the reds at the moment but hope to lay off when the odds drop tomorrow to give me a risk free bet. I can't see the odds staying at 1.54. This is a match that Liverpool should win. At the same time I am not in the business of risking £675 once the ball is in play so if the odds go above 1.56 I will be jumping off.


My competition is proving hard to solve for everyone. You will remember that I asked you to link two time travellers with a photo of a dog (the breed is important). I then gave you the further clue of ding dong (think cosmetics)and a You Tube clip of a cigar ad. First to get it right wins £20 off their boiler order.


Just a well done to Tom Daley (shown above with his gold medal for great dentistry). When you are just 14 it takes guts to bollock your 20 odd year old diving partner for phoning his mum during the competition. Mind you "Hello Mum I'm at the Olympics" half way through the dive was taking it a bit far.

No comments:

Post a Comment