Tuesday 9 September 2008

Dave's Day Today


Today sees Dave Horrocks from our metalwork department turning 32. Fifteen of those years have been spent here at Instanta where Dave plays an integral part. He is a particularly good goalkeeper and, as such, has to suffer being on my team every week at five a side (as I have a bad shoulder which stops me playing in goal). Devoted father to two young sons, Jack and Cameron, Dave has the misfortune of supporting Everton but I suppose that's not all that bad as, expecting to win nothing, he will never be disappointed.Have a great day Dave.





Talking of five a side football I will be missing tonight's match as I am going to Manchester with Marion to see Stevie Wonder at the MEN Arena. I love Motown but was never a huge fan of Stevie. However it should be a night of great reminiscences and I am looking forward to it. Trying to get tickets for Marion to see Will Young (or "my Will" as Marion refers to him convinced that her votes alone won him Pop Idol) at the Liverpool Philharmonic near Xmas. If you have any spare please let me know.










Despite all the talk of recession orders keep coming in and we are still very busy. I am particularly pleased with the progress that we are making with the under counter boilers although when we priced them up we failed to realise that the 40 litre models need to go on a pallet and therefore cost us an extra £40 to ship. We will have to rectify that when we bring out our next price list.



Disappointed with developments on the Newcastle and West Ham manager markets. It looks like ex Chelsea team mates Poyet and Zola will get the jobs. As both were early favourites and it is my policy to lay the early favourites in Betfair manager markets I will take a small loss on both (about £12 on Poyet and £65 on Zola). Never mind, these manager markets are brilliant fun to play and it's quite easy to end up with a plus on every candidate if there is an early favourite who falls by the wayside. Have pulled out of both markets now as I expect official announcements any day. Have to wait for the next sacking to try again.

It's great to see the new NFL season getting underway. Even if you aren't a fan you will enjoy this from the US equivalent of Sky Sports News.












No comments:

Post a Comment