Friday 19 September 2008

No Blog Yesterday Just Proves The Point

If you visited the blog yesterday you will have found Tuesday's blog still current. In that blog I offered a perfectly valid solution to helping the energy crisis and yesterday I proved the point. I went with Nick to Bristol (184 miles) to visit a customer (albeit a very important one). We had a very constructive and enjoyable meeting for about an hour before driving back (184 miles). The working day was 10 hours. The meeting was 1 hour. We could have met by Skype and still had nine hours available and I could have written my blog. OK I won't go on and labour the point any more but please think about it.

Oh and I couldn't write on Wednesday because I had a day out with my metal detector. Found a bronze ring dating back the the Iron Age but it is not a finger ring merely something for holding clothes or horse harnesses together and consequently not particularly exciting.



Went to the pictures last night to see "The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas". Having read the book I was hardly expecting a fun filled evening and made sure that Marion had a a plentiful supply of Kleenex with her. It is a very simple story, poignantly told and well worth a view.



Before the film we had a meal at Chiquitos and I have to say that we were very impressed. We normally find these chain type restaurants to be indifferent at best but here the service and atmosphere was good and the food was OK too. If this is the standard throughout the country then give them a try for a family or pre-cinema meal.

I hope to do a bit better on the Pick the Scores this weekend. I slipped down the table after a storming performance from Jenny and Peter. But as they say it's a game of two halves which reminds me of this recent half time pep talk



No birthdays for a while. Thinking of birthdays mine is 29 09 1953 and that's a big clue for those who are struggling with Monday's competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment