Friday 26 September 2008


I am delighted to say that nobody to date claims to have passed yesterday's awareness test although I have had a number of break dancing bears applying to watch the scrap metal. Actually, speaking of awareness I was looking at the photo I put on yesterday re accounts. How the hell did he write those numbers that neatly with a fountain pen?



Off to Tesco when I have finished writing this. Don't have to get a full week's shopping this week as it is my birthday on Monday and Marion is treating me to a couple of days in the country at Austwick. Obviously I can't do myself a happy birthday on the blog but if I did it would go something like this.



Today (Monday)sees MD John Brassey turning 55. John joined Instanta in 1988 after a successful career with Barclays bank where he worked in 17 branches in 16 years (there must be a message there somewhere). He soon rose to the position of Instanta Joint MD. This meteoric rise could have something to do with the fact that his mum and dad owned Instanta but hey maybe it was on merit. Within John's 20 years at Instanta the company has gone from having loads of money in the bank to owing loads of money to the bank so he must be doing a very good job. When he is not working (which is 95% of the time) John enjoys gambling on Betfair which he likens to a game of snakes and ladders with too many snakes, buying and selling antiques on eBay, going out in the country with his metal detector, visiting the cinema and going to the gym (I am not quite sure that the word "enjoy" is appropriate to a necessary evil). Married to the lovely Marion John has two grown up children Sarah and Paul who are doing their utmost to prevent him becoming a grandad (having experienced him as a dad, who could blame them). Oh well Happy birthday John here's a dedication to you (me).



Before I get to Tesco I think I will fill in my Pick the Score Predictions for this week's Premier League. If you want to score some points, here are a few tips. Everton 0 Liverpool 2 . Manchester United 0 Bolton Wanderers 3. Don't say I didn't warn you when they come in and I steam to the top of Instanta Sports League.

Finally on a serious note, here is a note to the captain from a first time flier.

Stop Press. I've just been told that a game developed by my son Paul for ITV now has a page for prospective applicants. I really hope that this is a huge success and the start of a wonderful career for him in TV.
CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment