Wednesday 5 November 2008

Oh Frabjous Day


Isn't it great to see the US of A coming to its senses and putting the right candidate into the White House. Apart from my self interest in winning £75 on his election I am delighted to see Barack's success. The following video captures Obama's message beautifully and lets hope that this hope and idealism is fulfilled. I'm not sure if Bob the Builder will be claiming royalties on the punch line though.







I know that Andy Fyles (below with daughter Bethany)will be sharing my excitement at Barack's success as he celebrates his 27th Birthday today. Andy joined Instanta for the second time when I bumped into him at our 2003 Christmas party at the local pub. I had ordered a lot of wine but none of the lads were drinking it and, having been brought up by my mum never to waste food and drink, I took it upon myself to ensure that there was no waste. However, although I was staggering by the time I met Andy, I made a good decision in offering him a job and yes I did remember offering it to him when he turned up for work in January. Since joining us Andy has gone from assembly worker to being our machine tester. Along with partner Claire he has bought a house right next to the factory (there's dedication for you) so Andy can lay claim to having the shortest commute at Instanta. Keen Liverpool fan, Andy is a good footballer and regular in our five a side sessions. Have a great day Andy. The future's bright, the future's orange.





Now here's a spooky photo. If you had pulled up alongside our director Dave Wilson at the traffic lights on Friday you would have had quite a fright. And if you had seen him after he had donned his Dracula Halloween party outfit!

In the midst of the credit crunch the winter Firebox.com winter brochure landed on my doormat. Now if there is one company that I hope to succeed and thrive in the recession it is Firebox. Where else could you find such essentials as a condiment gun, a voodoo knife block or a Henry Desktop Vacuum Cleaner. Life would not be the same without them.










No comments:

Post a Comment