Friday 7 November 2008

Planes Trains & Automobiles


I said that we would have a competition today so, as it has been a busy week of European football, I am running a competition with a Champions League theme. Last year my son Paul and I had a "big adventure" going to the Champions League Final in Athens.Here are a list of ridiculous things that might or might not have happened. To win the competition place an order for a boiler and tell us which of the following is FALSE (there may be more than one). The first correct answer will win £50 off their order.

1 Despite being season ticket holders at Anfield and attending all home Champions League games we did not qualify for tickets so we paid £301 each for tickets on eBay.

2 We could not get direct flights to Athens so we travelled by plane from Heathrow to Prague and then from Prague to Skopje. We hired a car from Skopje and drove to Thessaloniki. We flew from Thessoloniki to Athens. We flew back from Athens to Thessoloniki drove to Skopje, flew to Prague and from Prague to Heathrow and then drove from Heathrow to Southport. Journey time 2 days, match time 90 minutes.

3 I was pickpocketed on the Athens underground and lost all my money and credit cards.

4 We dined at the next table to an ex conservative party leader in an Athens taverna.

5 My Acropolis Now poster (above) got a full page in the book of Liverpool Fc Posters "Joey Ate The Frogs Legs"

6 A drunken Italian fan poured my wine onto the floor in a taverna.

7 After the match we were kept in a pen for 3 hours before catching a bus back to the airport.

8 I had octopus tentacle for dinner

9 On entering the ground the first official said that my ticket was a fake.

10 I arrived back at Heathrow with 2 euros to my name

You couldn't get much more ridicuous than that.



Another sign of the credit crunch taking hold. Here is Marion training our new office assistant Nick (assistant director Gavin's son). He's really bright and is picking things up fast. He's saving us a fortune as he gets paid in Smarties. Here is his design for our next Dealer News Letter.




Today it's the annual CESA conference and AGM. There is always a clamour for tickets to this event but we can't afford to send more than one delegate so we have a raffle and lucky Nick was the winner. I know that he will gain a lot from the day before enjoying a relaxing Friday evening journey back from Reading along the open roads of the M5 and M6.

Which reminds me that it is weekend at last. Bacon butties have been and gone so now is the time to think of how to spend our well earned rest. Annoyingly Liverpool's game against West Brom has been put back to 5.30. Now I am a huge Liverpool fan but traipsing to Anfield on a Saturday evening, getting home late for the X Factor and leaving Marion on her own on a Saturday night is not on so I have given my tickets up. It's about time that someone thought about the fans and not just the TV companies. I can watch the game at home, save on the travel, have a glass of wine and a bet on the laptop and escape the noxious odour experienced at the last game when someone in our vicinity spent the entire match discharging the most incredibly terrible farts (unless Marion has been on the beans again).

No comments:

Post a Comment