Thursday 27 November 2008

Sorry Lucas



I was made to feel a bit guilty about my comments on Liverpool's young Brazilian Lucas Leiva last night. After writing on my blog that he wasn't very good on Saturday he came on as sub last night with about ten minutes left. The crowd gave him a huge and encouraging round of applause by way of support for a struggling player and I felt very bad about slagging him off. However with my recent high blood pressure and fifty quid riding on a Liverpool win it was a substitution I could have done without. Fortunately we hung on against a very impressive Marseille side and as for Lucas? Let's hope that next time he comes on there's only one minute left (and we are at least two up).



Into the last two days of the holiday now. This week has been more relaxing than last but with all the doom and gloom in the papers it hasn't exactly been the happiest fortnight. Today we have Woolies finally going under together with MFI. You have to wonder who is next? I feel a bit sorry for some of the big stores who have been having sales as I know a few people who have been taking stuff back that they bought pre-sale and then buying it again at the sale price. It's not really in the spirit of things is it? I thought the idea was that we are all in it together. Dunkirk spirit and all that or is it every man for himself? In which case God help us.




On the betting front I was pleased to see that favourite Joe Swash has drifted slightly in the IACGMOOH market. I lose over £200 if he wins so I want him to drift a lot more. My big problem is I can't bring myself to watch the programme as I honestly feel that it is cruel to animals. OK they are only grubs,eels, rats and maggots but if you are not a creationist your ancestors might have been one of those millions of years back.



We are off to the pictures this afternoon to see the Changeling. I like Clint Eastwood as a director and this looks like it could be a good film. In the meantime there is a big pile of ironing to be getting on with. No news from work is good news so maybe I'll get the blood pressure below 140/90 before we go back next week. In the meantime let's have some real bears playing ice hockey. Is this cruelty or are the bears having a good time? Wouldn't bet on it.






No comments:

Post a Comment