Tuesday 18 November 2008

Things on the up?

It's about time we had some good news so I was pleased to check our lottery ticket last night and find that we won £10. OK that's not exactly cause for major celebration but a positive is a positive. 



I managed to get hold of a couple of black market tickets to Will Young's sold out concert at the Liverpool Philharmonic tonight. Will is a huge favourite of Marion's and I know that she will love to see him. She voted for him hundreds of times when he was on Pop Idol and when he won she burst into tears. When I got the phone bill so did I.

We are still officially on holiday but in the light of the current economic climate are staying close to work in case yet another customer goes under. We haven't heard any news of the big debtor with the bounced cheque today but I am not raising my hopes and have written the debt off in my mind and am getting on with things as if they've gone. Any glimmer of good news from them will then become a bonus but I am not hopeful. I have to say that I should have trusted Marion's judgement with this. Since she has run the credit control we have had virtually no bad debts and she recommended court proceedings over a month ago but I overruled her.



On a more positive note we heard that son Paul and his fiancee Josephine are coming to see us next weekend. We have not seen them for over six months so we are really looking forward to their (sadly brief) visit.

I have just written a newsletter to send to all our customers. In it we highlight our new prices for 2009. These range from 0% to 5% with the 5% mainly pitched at the Economy range WA5 and 1500LCD which have been held at £399 for some time.With the increased cost of transport and the huge drop in the value of the pound against the dollar (our taps come from the USA) the margins on these low priced boilers have been squeezed too tight and the increase was unavoidable. Blog readers will be given the opportunity to buy at 2008 prices until 28 Feb 2009 and details of how to qualify for this offer will appear on the blog in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment