Thursday 24 September 2009

Blogging Over Breakfast




Blimey, better be careful I just missed getting milk on the lap top. After arriving in the office almost too late to blog yesterday I've gone to the other extreme today and am writing this in between spoonfuls of my favourite Shredded Wheat Fruitful. We've got a board meeting this morning so I'll be busy again.



So. What's on the agenda? Well firstly there's last year's results which are OK all things considering (you know, recessions and credit crunches and all that). Then we've got to talk about the annual pay settlement which has to be fair but considered (you know, recessions and credit crunches and all that). And then Nick has to tell us all about how sales are going and Dave will tell us about the admin side. Then we'll talk about the current year's plans and the new equipment for 2010 and then we'll have to wind up early because there's holidays in the office and someone has to answer the phone during the lunch hour - yes we directors aren't above answering the phone you know.



We went to see "Gamer" last night. Our film choice is usually heavily influenced by critics but, as we have not read any reviews of this, we went with an open mind. The verdict? I thought it was bloody brilliant and Marion liked it too. A very clever plot full of action. OK you have to suspend belief that any of it is feasible but it is , as it says in the credits, sometime in the future. And if any of you have got partners who are spending too much time on "Second Life" you want to check out the futuristic version in this film. So I recommend "Gamer". No doubt the critics will come up with no stars. I'll be interested to read their verdicts.By the way I think that Bruce Willis has a film with a very similar plot coming out any time now."Gamer" will have stolen its thunder.



A nice surprise this morning when Betfair refunded half of my last week's £20 as only one team in my accumulator lost.But I would much rather have had the £200 if they hadn't! ******* Stuttgart!


I have to thank the Guardian for pointing me in the direction of this NFL score celebration from Terrell Owens. When you realise that the Dallas Star is to Dallas fans what the Liver Bird is to Liverpool it makes Adebayor's goal celebrations look pretty tame.And if anyone else wants to send a text telling me that Ryan Giggs has just made it 5-3, don't. I've got lots already.

No comments:

Post a Comment