Tuesday 8 September 2009

When Jenny Met Craigie





Instanta's own love story comes to a culmination today with the wedding of our Stores And Office Manager Jenny Wright to Salesman Craig Buckley. Jenny and Craig met here at Instanta in 2001 when the tall shy young man started as our Office Junior. Romance blossomed several years later and we hope that they have a wonderful today and a great future together. Look in on the blog tomorrow for some photos as Marion and I have managed to take time out to watch the big event.



My love affair with Mercedes ends tomorrow when the lease on my lovely CLS320cdi expires. Having driven a Merecedes of some type or other for about twelve years now I will be sorry to see it go back but I was being hypocritical banging on about green issues whilst at the same time driving a car that does 30mpg (if you drive it extremely carefully and slowly). So the Toyota Prius hybrid beckons. Sadly that is three months away but in the meantime my mum has driven to the rescue. My knight in shining armour has come to my aid with her Nissan. She's off to Spain and won't be needing it for a few months. Stop Press: Phone call from Mum. Nissan been involved in accident. AAAAAAAAAAAAAggggggggggg.



The phones have been going mad here this morning. It's gone midday and I haven't finished the blog yet. Same happened on Friday when I didn't even get time to start it. Something wrong there. I can't be getting my priorities right. Nice to hear the office so busy though but I'm looking forward to a breather and not so much hard work.



On a chilling note I take back all my criticisms of the security procedures at airports after reading the reports on the soft drinks bomb plot. I've no plan to travel by plane in the near future because its just too much hassle nowadays but I can fully understand the reasoning behind it now. I just thought it was yet another case of British overkill but if the intelligence services hadn't handled the case so well the overkill would have been the number of innocent transatlantic passengers.

I'll finish on topical note. Let's hope that Craig's best man is not so clumsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment