Wednesday 30 September 2009

We Get By With A Little Help From Our Friends




And it works both ways. So when we are asked for a bit of help from someone who has helped us out e.g by providing us with lot of equipment for our staff gym like Dave Rogers (pictured with factory leader Tony Mercer above), we are more than happy to assist. Even if it is repairing his heron. After all we're all about water aren't we? And so are herons. Actually I could do with one of those for next to our pond.



Here's a word of advice for those smug Apple Macbook users like me.If someone sends you a birthday present that involves software on one of these tiny little Cd's, don't put it in the CD drive in your lovely Apple MacBook Pro. And if you had read your Apple instructions you wouldn't have done that would you? But there again who reads instructions? Not me obviously judging from the panic that ensued after said mini disc disappeared into the bowels of the laptop never to be seen again (almost). Fortunately I turned to the Internet for the solution thinking that even amongst those super intelligent people who own Apple computers someone else must have been daft enough to do the same. And I was right. Within five minutes I had the solution from a highly technical website. What was it? (All computer geeks look away now). 1. Hold laptop firmly with cd drive facing floor.2. Shake vigorously. Don't laugh. It worked.



I had to show you the wonderful packaging that a present arrived in. Lovely isn't it? I had a great birthday with some great gifts and had a very pleasant evening with Marion at the Warehouse Brasserie before flipping Florence went and spoilt the day by beating Liverpool. I also had a brilliant birthday card from Paul and Josephine that mocked up a tabloid newspaper reporting me winning the Booker Prize for my novel. You may mock son. You may mock.




Orange Wednesday tonight and we're off to see Creation. The film got reasonable reviews in the papers and we're quite looking forward to it. I reckon we've seen about 39 films so far this year. Mind you with our Orange Wednesday deals and with Vue gift vouchers kindly donated by my mum it's only cost us a little over £100. That's what I call value for money.

Having worked in a bank I know what it's like to fear robbery and I also know that the consequences can have a devastating long term effect on the vistims. If this have a go hero had arrived to help me out I would have been furious. How did he know the guy didn't have a gun? And as for the woman! Whatever happened to humanity? She should have been arrested for assault.



No comments:

Post a Comment