Thursday 10 September 2009

Phew





Blimey it's twelve minutes past four and I have only just got around to the blog. I seem to be losing my touch or maybe we are simply too busy. I haven't even had a lunch break today. Marion won't have a lot of sympathy as it's usually "I haven't even had a work break today" but anyway the reason? Annual Accounts. And I am pleased to say that they are now done and balanced (well they were 99p wrong but I'm not going to waste hours looking for that).The upshot? We ended the year with sales 0.4% down on last year. However the overheads were also down by a much larger figure so the next result is that profits were up (hooray!!). And bearing in mind that this is after we shared out £13,200 in productivity bonuses compared to £3,600 last year I am pretty pleased with the results. Next step is to discuss the staff annual wage round based on these results and the inflation figures.




I hear that Derren Brown correctly predicted the lottery results last night. Or at least he did a brilliant trick to give the illusion of doing so.He's a great magician and he's going to tell us all how he did it on Friday.I can only imagine that it involved a stooge who was very carefully hidden.Son Paul went to see him live a few months ago but we have never got around to discussing the show with him.Or perhaps Paul just had the illusion of going to see him.



Whilst Derren was predicting the lottery The Faroe Islands were messing up my football accumulator by actually winning a match. Flushed with success of taking my Betfair kitty from £150 to £800 in the last few weeks I had a seven team accumulator on the World Cup Qualifiers and The Faroes messed it up. Fortunately I had a back up of another accumulator which won but my £800 is down to £750 now. Never mind.




And here's why we missed Derren. We went for our regular Orange Wednesday film visit to see District Nine. I know that it was supposed to allegorical but all the allegory stuff seemed to disappear very quickly and it turned into a shoot em up. But it wasn't a routine shoot em up. It was a really good one and Sharlto Copley in the starring role was outstanding.

I'll have to finish now as it's almost time to go home. Here's how people reckon that Derren did the trick. Don't watch it it you don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment