Tuesday 15 September 2009

Happy Birthday Pete



It's my brother Peter's 61st birthday today so many happy returns Pete. Many of our customers will remember Peter from his twenty odd years at Instanta before his retirement in 1999. He now divides his time between Southport and Spain where he has an apartment in Finestrat. He's a devoted Hispanophile and loves everything Spanish (especially the sunshine).A devoted father to son Chris and daughter Lisa, Pete enjoys fishing, metal detecting and together with wife Val does a lot of walking around the Spanish coast and interior. Have a good day Pete. I just dropped your birthday card round but find that you are back in Spain.



And more congratulations go to Rebekah Dowell who worked with us for a few happy weeks in the summer. Rebekah passed her driving test yesterday (first time). Well done Bekah we were all confident that you would be successful.




Today's the day that we decide on the choice of film for this week's Orange Wednesday but as Liverpool are at home, I've got Red Wednesday and Marion is going to the cinema with her friend Jane. She's off to see Julie and Julia starring Meryl Streep. It has good reviews and I'm sure that they'll both enjoy it.



It almost wasn't Red Wednesday for me. I enrolled our season tickets in the Champions League scheme on the Liverpool Website but when I checked the credit card statement the other day was surprised that my payment for the Debrecen game hadn't been taken. I phoned the club to be told that my purchase of the Cup season ticket was nowhere to be found. Fortunately they found me a couple of tickets in the Upper Centenary Stand for tomorrow and enrolled me in the scheme for the rest of the season.

And on that note, I'll finish with some of the worst defending ever to grace a Premier League football match. I know that Tony Lowe and Peter Brindle are avid Burnley fans but honestly this was dire (look at the marking on goal three and the offside trap on goal four). It even made Liverpool look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment