Wednesday 23 September 2009

It's A White Rabbit Day Today






I'm late - so late - for writing today's blog. By the time I finish this it will be time for tomorrow's blog. Why? Well I've been off to Ribchester to visit the super Workhouse Marketing and plan next year's brochure. "About time he did some work" I hear echoing behind me. We've come up with some good ideas. It's very difficult to improve on something that is already nearly perfect but we've taken on board the few criticisms levelled by Nick and Peter (feedback from their customers)and hope to iron out those few minor niggles.If there's anything you don't like about the current brochure, speak now or forever hold your peace.



One thing we will be highlighting in our new brochure is our ongoing commitment to green issues. We are supporting the 10:10 campaign. One of the first things that we have to do is run more fuel efficient vehicles. I've got my Prius on order. The lease on Nick's BMW will be expiring next year so, sorry Nick, looks like you will be joining me.




I decided to watch the second half of Liverpool's game against Leeds last night. I didn't want to impose the football on Marion and said that I would watch it in the spare upstairs bedroom so she could watch something of her own choice. But Marion kindly agreed to go upstairs and watch our thirty year old Hitachi portable (which works great). It's quite amazing watching high definition on a 30 year old set. They don't make things like they used to do they?



Spare a thought for young Craig Buckley. He planned his second week on the road meticulously and drove out into the extremities of Wales. He arrived at two of his appointments bang on time only to be told "Sorry "x" (who shall remain nameless)is not in". Now I don't know about you but I think that's pretty bad form. How much does it cost to phone and make a cancellation. That would have saved Craig a long drive, a huge waste of fuel emissions and the expense of his time and motoring costs.

I'll finish today with some skaters trying to replicate a game very much like Tetris. It's not quite the Baa Studs and their sheep but as they asked me so nicely I couldn't refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment