Friday 18 September 2009

Product Placement - It's The Future



The other day I was delighted to read the news that British TV companies are finally going to be allowed to use product placement in their programmes. It will be fascinating to see if the Rovers finally stops selling Newton & Ridleys and moves to Carlsberg or Fosters. I see it as a huge opportunity for Instanta. You will already spot our boilers in the occasional drama and soap but I can see it going much further than that. Perhaps we'll get a couple of sous vide units in Masterchef and a boiler in River Cottage but we'll know we've made it when this sort of thing starts cropping up.






Craig Buckley is back in the office today after his first week on the road as a sales representative. Craig tells me that he enjoyed the week and met some very interesting people in Gloucester Bristol and South Wales. He did not bring any orders back but is confident that they will soon be flooding in. Someone commented last week that Craig looks very young for a salesman. What do you think?



I had a bit of time off yesterday and spent eight hours reworking my novel. I was criticised for writing a book that was too short at 52,000 words but now, with only half rewritten, I am up to 72,000. I've got a feeling it's going to turn into my Goldilocks moment. This one's too short, this one's too long but this one's just right! The big question is, is there a market for a soppy romance set on a Greek island? If Mamma Mia is anything to go by, perhaps there is.



I've got a really good site monitor program that shows me exactly where all the traffic to the blog comes from and what search terms have been used to get there. It's interesting to see how many people have been searching for Nick Neal lately. Is there anything we should know Nick? Or is there another Nick Neal?

If you enjoy tennis. You'll enjoy this. Have a good weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment