Thursday 2 October 2008

Codes And Riddles



I have been having great fun with Sarah's birthday gift the Isis puzzle ball. Sadly it is becoming clear that I am not clever enough to solve it myself but fortunately for me when you register your puzzle you get ten encrypted clues. I have managed to solve the first using a substitution code but it is very time consuming and if I get stuck or impatient I have got a brilliant
Code Breaker up my sleeve.

For a bit of fun see if you can use it to solve the following. No prizes.

Mw hrr hscww Tlkzhlzh qftrwck hcw qwzzwc zdhl Rtlvhz'k

I was pleased to see a review and guide on buying catering equipment written by Roger Smith of AW Smith in a recent magazine. Roger says "The best brand is probably (sorry Roger shouldn't that read "definitely") Instanta although it's not one we stock. We sell Lincat which is less expensive but still a good make". Calling Roger. Current list price Instanta 1500LCD £399, Lincat EB3 £434. So in my books that makes a good brand more expensive than the best!



The Instanta 1500LCD. The best Economy water boiler on the market.

I am preparing for tomorrow morning's staff meeting. This is the time when I get to tell everybody how well we have done with productivity, sales and gross profits. I talk for ten to fifteen minutes and then ask for questions and am met with a wall of silence. As one of the topics for tomorrow is the unauthorised use of mobile phones perhaps I should send the content of the meeting by text message. Something like this say?

d rslts r bad dnt bothA cmng n nxt wk

It's harder to solve than that code I gave you earlier. And speaking of codes if you think that texting is a really cool and fast way to communicate how do you think it compares with morse code?


No comments:

Post a Comment