Monday 20 October 2008

Forgive me Lord for I have sinned

I did something wicked yesterday. I bought the Mail on Sunday. Forgive me Lord for, as a Guardian Reader, I have committed the ultimate sin. Well they were giving away a Tina Turner CD with the paper and I did bin the rest when I got outside the newsagent's. Can you forgive me? Can I return to the fold of sandal wearing beardies that represents my comfort zone? I promise I won't do it again (unless they give away something by the Pogues). Hang on a minute. What are these tracks on the Tina CD?   "What's Asylum Seekers Got to Do With It?" , "I Can't Stand The Scroungers?" and "Let's Stay Together - Kick Out All the Immigrants".    What a cheat! You just couldn't make it up.

I really enjoyed the match at Anfield on Saturday and can't understand all the fuss Steve Bruce made about the sending off. OK the first booking was a bit harsh but when you know you've been booked you don't immediately lunge into a reckless tackle a couple of minutes later. As the Kop sang their customary song about Bruce's unfeasibly large noggin, the bloke next to me (clearly an outsider) asked "what's a bigfa ted?". Well stranger, I hope this throws some light on it for you.



Steve Bruce. He's got a Bigfa Ted, he's got a Bigfa Ted, he's got a Bigfa Ted.

And Lord forgive me again for the following Youtube video. I am sorry for its utterly useless filming, terrible monotone voice over and probably getting the whole process wrong to boot but I was so impressed to see our supplier KLH's new fully automated pcb making facility that I wanted to share it with you. We use such advanced technology in our boilers now that the microelectronics are truly microscopic.



And Lord forgive me again for Friday's blog which caused our son considerable discomfort. Whilst he does realise that his mere existence bears testimony to the fact that Marion and I have at some time had sex, he did not want to imagine that it could still be an ongoing possibility. Sorry son. And speaking of Paul I urge you all to set your Sky plus for BBC2 at 4.30 starting today when Dermot Murnaghan presents "Are You An Egghead?". Paul developed and scripted this show complete with corny catchphrases and I hope it turns out to be a huge success.



So now I am on a roll of begging for forgiveness. Lord forgive me for selling a cup and saucer on eBay that did not match. Christ I nearly got my first negative feedback. Three months after I sold it the buyer got in touch and said she'd just spotted the difference. Well if it took her three months to spot it how the hell was I supposed to notice, I only had it for a couple of days. Can you spot it?





And finally Lord forgive me for watching too much telly. But let's face it, Saturday nights on ITV are a dream. The fabulous Harry Hill TWICE followed by X Factor. It's a couch potato's idea of heaven. And in case you missed it, just watch this wonderful Peter Kay medley. Could the songs possibly segue more seamlessly? No wonder Geraldine is outselling Leon in the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment