Tuesday 4 August 2009

Beware Of Facebook Fish


Last month I got an email out of the blue from Facebook to say that someone wanted to "flirt" with me. The email included a photo of a pleasant looking lady together with her nickname and age (which was 53). I was very flattered but had no idea why I received the email which I duly ignored. The next day another email arrived again adorned with the photo of another 50 something woman wanting to flirt. And the day after? You guessed. Yet another. Marion started looking at me quizzically thinking that I had enrolled for some sort of mid life crisis dating agency but I assured her that this was not the case.Finally we investigated further and it seems that this function of Facebook was formerly the "My aquarium" application and that by sending my daughter some starfish for her virtual aquarium I had unwittingly opted into this dating site. Sure enough a quick google of My Aquarium brings up "Speed Date formerly My Aquarium" and quite a few equally mystified members.



A few weeks ago I introduced blog readers to Rebekah Dowell who joined us as a replacement when young mum Nat left us to spend more time with daughter Olivia. After five weeks at Instanta, Rebekah or Becky or Bekah as she has come to be known by us all has decided that she wants to go to college and get some qualifications and we're all in favour of that although we'll really miss her as she has been a super fast learner and has settled in here at Instanta perfectly. But we can't stand in the way of progress and we hope that Rebekah succeeds in her ambition to become a teacher. A short hello-goodbye but we've enjoyed having her here and wish her the very best of luck in her new career.



I promised a new photo of Sean Johnson who celebrated his 31st birthday yesterday and here he is looking tanned and well after his week's holiday.



And here too is Joey Jones who has rejoined our Assembly Team today. When the recession started we made a few people redundant and Joey was unfortunately amongst the unlucky ones. But as business is buoyant at the moment we have managed to find an opening for him and we are delighted to welcome him back. Tuesday night football sessions haven't been the same without him.



Here is the outrageously dressed Sudanese journalist Lubna Hussein who is going on trial for wearing (wait for it) trousers! The evil woman had the temerity to go out to a restaurant so scandaloulsy dressed and if found guilty the wicked girl now faces forty lashes. Serves her right I say - that top and those shoes really clash. But on a sober note how can any government expect the world to take them seriously when they persecute women in this way.If the religious police arrived here at Instanta today all three of our female workers would immediately be under arrest.

I'll finish today with some of the CCTV footage from Stevie Gerrard's notorious night out. I hadn't realised what an exciting party it was.





No comments:

Post a Comment