Tuesday 25 August 2009

It's Gone











I've lost something to blog about now as the famous Southport Gas Tower has finally bitten the dust. After months of watching the intricate operation involved in the demolition's progress it's eerily silent around here now.



Another place that's silent at the moment is the factory due to our week's closure. It's a bit spooky without the noise of the punch press running and the happy banter of the lads. I said that they were all going on a summer holiday but, looking at the weather, I should have said that they were all going for a soaking.




I said yesterday that we were hunting for a photographer for Paul and Josephine's wedding. We narrowed the search down to a few and emailed them expecting them all to be busy at such relatively short notice but, to date, all have said that they are available.



Liverpool 1 Aston Villa 3

Was there ever a better argument to show the value of hedging your bets? I watched this debacle in the safe knowledge that there would at least be £430 in my Betfair account when I got home.

I'll finish with a song that captures the mood of today here.


No comments:

Post a Comment