Sunday 23 August 2009

He's Back



After a gap of what seems like five minutes, our Saturday night TV is once again dominated by Simon Cowell in his new show which,in the arena format, should be called "Britain's Got The X Factor".You've got to hand it to Simon; it really is a slick piece of entertainment but the freak show elements are starting to wear a bit thin. On the basis that (a la Susan Boyle), they have showcased the best acts in show one I think we may have already seen one of the final two. But I'm not expecting it to be Danyl Johnson (the best audition Simon has ever seen).No. Marion and I think that Joseph McElderry with his boyish good looks and pitch perfect voice has much more to offer than the dreadful Eoghan Quinn (Chucky)who made it to the last three last year. And Danyl had the benefit of a track complete with backing singers (another first). Looking at Youtube hits to date Danyl is out in front but at only 41,000 views so far he's not another Susan Boyle.



With son Paul(The Colour of Money, Are You An Egghead), heavily involved in the development of game shows we watched Phillip Schofield's new programme "The Cube" with great interest. Favourite critic Charlie Brooker gave it the thumbs up and I thought it was OK but would have preferred it in a teatime slot rather than in the middle of Saturday night when we like to watch a good film.



If you are on our Christmas present list, look away now. You can now buy the Colour of Money board game. Unfortunately Paul won't get any royalties but it will make the perfect stocking filler and we've just ordered ours from Amazon.(we got the last one but more are coming soon) You can buy it by following the link here.




I've spent a lot more time on my novel before uploading it on authonomy. I've done a new cover. Let me know which you prefer.


Off to Anfield again on Monday night. After months of failure on Betfair I won £90 on an accumulator on Thursday. I put all the winnings on another accumulator of seven teams. Six have won so far. If Liverpool win I get £900. If they lose or draw I lose £150 (£90 plus a hedge I took on another game). I think that the reds will win. But my head says lay Liverpool and guarantee a win of £440. Nice problem to think about though. I'll leave you with my betting tip for X Factor


No comments:

Post a Comment